Thursday, May 26, 2011

Journal #3: Addressing and Answering the Essential Questions

Throughout my life, I’ve always been passionate about fashion and style. I like being creative and being able to participate in hands-on activities, which is why I really like anything that has to deal with the arts, whether it is make-up/fashion design, media communication, and even photography. I feel as if I am most passionate about expressing my creativity through different things. In this project, I was able to express my creativity through make-up. I just love being able to take a hold of that brush and sweeping that vibrant color unto a face. It may require a lot of hard work and time, but I still find it really fun! I feel most motivated and inspired when I look through magazines and watch the television. I feel as if I want to be able to achieve that look and to be able to learn how to do those make-up techniques. Fortunately for me, I’ve been to many make-up workshops and tutorials since I was about 9 years old. It was a requirement for us to know how to do make-up. Back then, knowing the application of make-up was a requirement and not much of a passion or hobby, but now I’m starting to think that it is starting to be a really great hobby. Lately, I’ve been getting inspired by many things. It is really fortunate for me to have developed getting inspired a lot because I am able to enhance my work and try to get on the level of the work that I was inspired by. The point of school is to teach us how to express ourselves through our talents and capabilities. I think I like coming to school because I come across many students and teachers who are just so different and inspiring. Some have made a huge impact on me since many seem to be my mentors in life. They motivate me to go out a chase my dreams and goals and to never hold back and do everything to my best ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment